Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When closing a Sprint "Issues not Completed" does not forward to the Backlog.

efrat.nevat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2017

Hi,

It seems that in the last few sprints, when I am closing a sprint, JIRA does not forward the “Issues Not Completed” to the Backlog.

This problem started AFTER I changed some of the boards, so now they present stories from 2 different JIRA projects.

Any idea how this BUG can be solved?

Thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

In your sprint check what statuses are mapped to the columns. Only statuses mapped to the last column (or rightmost column) is considered as done and will not move to the next sprint when you complete the sprint.

It is quite possible that you mapped too many issues in the rightmost column and thats why JIRA agile is considering them as Done and therfore not moving to next sprint.

Another cause can be that you have some future sprints defined  in one of the boards, and therefore any inresolved issues automatically move to the next future sprint instead of the backlog.

Rahul

alexmears September 9, 2018

Only statuses mapped to the last column (or rightmost column) is considered as done and will not move to the next sprint when you complete the sprint.

This is such an obscure rule for "Complete Sprint" functionality. I wasted over an hr trying to debug this issue, but also know that at other places I worked, they would move all issues manually to the next Sprint to avoid tickets being thrown in the backlog because they didn't understand this rule.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events