cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two user name one email account

Marjan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2017

Hi,

I have git repositories on Bitbucket. I have 2 user names with same email address. In the recent changes of Bitbucket to Atlassian it only let's to login with email instead of username. When I login with my email I only see the repositories of only one of my accounts. Can you please help me to fix this problem.

Regards

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

Your separate users should have separate email addresses.

Marjan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2017

Thanks but not really helpful. I have always had 2 usernames and was able to login to my accounts separately. The problem has arisen since new changes of Bitbucket to atlassian.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

There isn't anything else you can do - different users should have different email accounts.

0 votes
Corina Sofron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 13, 2018

I have the same problem. I was asked for a new username for my account and now I can only access this username and all my work is on the old one. Any idea how I can merge them?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2018

There's no real merge function, although if you talk to your admins, they might be able to change ownership of some stuff.  Select one of the accounts to use and ask if they can change ownership of the things done by the one you're going to remove.

0 votes
Tommy Ling
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 6, 2018

I have this problem too. I created a login with one email and one username, then when I tried to login from a different computer with the same email, it asked me for a new username...

My first username has my work repo while the new one is empty. Very confusing behaviour.

Itzel Ruvalcaba Baroni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 6, 2018

I have the same problem, now I have 2 usernames (which I don't want) and cannot access the one where all my work was stored. How can I delete the empty username and retrieve the previous one?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

As above - the email is currently the uniqueness check.

0 votes
140401 kindia June 28, 2018

There nothing extra you can do except to add other account.

Go to my account and add different email address.

I hope this way you can login to two different account.Logically it doesn't make sense to have two usernames with single email address.

0 votes
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2017

Hi Marjan,

Nic is correct, your two accounts should (already) have different email addresses.

Have you tried logging in with your username? If (and only if) you successfully authenticate, the form will let you know the correct email to log in with.

If you have further issues, shoot an email to support@bitbucket.org - we want to get you working again!

Alastair

John Hundley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 7, 2017

I have this same problem, I don't think the people answering really read the question.  In my case I set up bit bucket and for whatever reason when I logged in to bitbucket with my e-mail address it asked me for my username.  I mistyped it and now I have two accounts that are exhibiting some odd behavior.  What I think Marjan was asking and what I know I am asking is how do I merge these two accounts?  I only want one account with one username and one e-mail address.

marktranvan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 17, 2017

I have same issue, how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events