Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with safari when reopen Confluence add-on macro based on ACE

Lutz Bliska March 13, 2017

Hi, i have some trouble with my add-on macro when using safari browser.

The events for the save / cancel button fires only one time (first one). When i reopen the macro-dialog once again, nothing happens anymore when clicking the buttons.

I only receive this error message in the dev-tools console each time when clicking:

TypeError: ex.source.postMessage is not a function. 
(In 'ex.source.postMessage({type:"evt",mid:ew,etyp:eq,evnt:ey},ex.extension.url)',
'ex.source.postMessage' is undefined)

No problem with chrome and firefox.

I have tried this solution but it seems to fix only the JIRA issue: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39995737

Here is my source code located in addon.js file:

AP.require(["confluence", "dialog"], function (confluence, dialog) {

function onSubmit() {
        confluence.closeMacroEditor();
        return true;
    }
    dialog.getButton("submit").bind(onSubmit);
});

There is no specific listener for the cancel-button at the moment.

How can i fix this ?

Thank you

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2017

As Maciej says above, this issue was reported as https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJS-548. The fix has yet to be deployed to production, however.

Lutz Bliska March 14, 2017

Thank you @Einar Pehrson and @Maciej Dudziak, do you know how long does it takes usually ?

Can i subscribe somewhere to get an notification when the new release is deployed to production ?

Regards 

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2017

It often takes around a week for a fix to reach production after being merged. The status of that issue is a bit misleading though, since all the required changes have yet to be merged.

You can subscribe change notifications for our developer documentation, but nowadays typically only larger changes are announced in those release notes.

Thank you

Lutz Bliska March 23, 2017

Hi @Einar Pehrson , the bug does still exits. When will be the workaround released ?

Thank you & Regards

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2017

@Lutz Bliska, per @Christopher Whittington's comment on the issue, the fix for this bug is included in version 5.0.0-beta.42 of our JavaScript API. It is on its way to roll out to production, but we can't tell you exactly when.

0 votes
Maciej Dudziak [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2017

I don't think there is a workaround, I guess we have o wait until fix is released

0 votes

Hi @Maciej Dudziak, i use also 5.0.0-beta.41 and how do you fix that problem ?

Regards

0 votes
Maciej Dudziak [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2017

Hi, I have recently submitted very similar bug but for Jira, You may want to look it.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJS-548

0 votes
Lutz Bliska March 13, 2017

It's also happen with the Google Map Confluence example -> https://bitbucket.org/acgmaps/acgmaps.bitbucket.org

Same behavior.

My Safari-Version is  10.0.3 (12602.4.8)

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events