Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint stats based on hours and can you see capacity?

Tudor Hofnar December 21, 2016

Hi,

I just came across the Easy Agile User Story Map plugin on the market place and it looks great but I have a few questions. 

I notice that you can see the sprint stats, does this support hours as well or is it only based on story points? Also are the sprints that you create on the map also created on a sprint board for the development teams? 

Lastly, is there a way to set the capacity for a certain sprint and then see how many hours of that capacity are taken up by the epics on the map? So lets say I have 400 hours available for Sprint 1 but now I have created 4 epics and they take up 150 hours, is there somewhere I can see that I have 250 hours left for this sprint? 

I will likely start a trial of this product but wanted to double check a few of these questions so I know what to expect. 

Thanks!

Tudor

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Amaresh Mishra May 17, 2017

Tudor - Please have a look at our plugin in marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.organize.jira.capacityplanner/server/overview.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Amaresh

Mirketa Inc.

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

Hi Tudor,

Today sprint and epic statistics are only available for numeric estimates. We have time estimates on the backlog and will revisit this in 2017, although I should note that for epic statistics it is not yet possible to bring this to our JIRA Cloud version due to JSW-14710.

The sprints created on the story map are the same as on the backlog, and the same behaviour applies to fix versions.

We don't have the ability to set capacity for a given sprint today. The way we are thinking about this is to present to the team their historical velocity and use that as a guide to what they have in a given sprint - if they are over capacity, for example, there may be a warning icon letting them know so that they can better balance work over future sprints. This is another aspect that we look forward to investigating in 2017. Would that work in your scenario?

Thanks Tudor, have a great day, and we hope you enjoy the evaluation!

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon, Product Manager, Easy Agile 

Tudor Hofnar December 21, 2016

Hi Nicholas, thank you for the prompt answer. I'm really interested to see the implementation for capacity planning. Currently, I have been investigating JIRA Portfolio as a tool to achieve the capacity planning we are after but there are a few limitations in terms of visibility that I am trying to get around. 

At the moment we use a spreadsheet to plan our roadmaps and prioritize the upcoming projects based on developer/qa capacity, we built an engine in Excel to handle vacations, meetings, outside of sprint tasks etc. Essentially, we would like to do all that in JIRA at some point BUT in the meantime being able to specify somewhere that the capacity for the sprint is 500 hours for example, and seeing how many hours are already allocated to planned issues would be great. We can manually input the 500 hours based on the spreadsheet for some time but eventually it would be great if this was all in JIRA.

Portfolio has a nice vacation planning side and the plans work well but we are looking for other alternatives to make sure we evaluate everything before settling on a single add-on.

Let me know what you think about my scenario above. 

Thanks again!

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2016

Hi Tudor,

Have you also taken a look at Easy Agile Roadmaps? It occurs to me that perhaps that also fits in to your planning process and may help you replace the spreadsheet with JIRA for roadmap planning.

And as per Easy Agile User Story Maps, the capacity & velocity is something we look forward to introducing in Easy Agile Roadmaps in 2017. And we'll bring this to the JIRA Server versions first as the JIRA APIs are more mature there.

Thanks Tudor, have a great day,
Nick 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events