Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective syncing of Comments with Other system

Arpit Jain October 3, 2016

The aim is to selectively sync comments with the other system. I want to know the steps to be followed to customize UI in JIRA for the same, if at all this is feasible/possible.

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Dev User October 4, 2016

@Francis Martens (iDalko) - My point here is how can I customize the JIRA UI to provide user an option to push the selected comment. Here I am more concerned about JIRA UI customization.

Is it possible that I can add a checkbox next to comment section in JIRA or add a custom flag for every comment in Jira?

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2016

You will have to write a connector which extracts the correct comments.  Have a look at https://github.com/mulesoft/jira-connector - this is pretty old but it might get you started.

0 votes
Arpit Jain October 3, 2016

I want to sync them with a Middleware system (Mulesoft), which in turn will sync with other systems.

So basically, I want to select which comments to share with the other system, instead of syncing all of them using Webhooks.

How is it possible?

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 3, 2016

Hi Arpit,

What's your use case and what type of system are you syncing with ?

Francis

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

You'll need to find or write an add-on to do this.

K15t's Backbone sync is worth a look, although it might not do the "selectively" part of your specification.

Dev User October 3, 2016

Are there any samples which includes the proper steps for this kind of customization in UI?

Or where can i find help resources for the same?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2016

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant "another JIRA".  Ignore my second line.

You will still need to code for this.  I think one of your colleagues has already asked this and the answer is the same - see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42676096

francis
Marketplace Partner
October 4, 2016

You should have also have a look at Exalate (which I represent)  

This add-on provides a synchronisation engine where the mapping between the trackers can be implemented using groovy scripts.  This provides the ultimate flexibility on how two issue trackers can be synchronised. We are currently expanding our coverage  to other issue trackers such as HP ALM and ServiceNow.  

Br,

Francis

Dev User October 4, 2016

Hi Francis,

The issue here is that I need to sync to another system via Mulesoft. So, correct me if I am wrong, but the Exalate plugin that you are suggesting is for only JIRA to JIRA (Or Snow/ HP ALM maybe) But I am specifically looking for Mulesoft. So If there is some plugin that provides connection with Mulesoft would definitely help.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events