Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict visibility of personal spaces

Ralph Poellath August 5, 2012

I'd like to create an account and a space for a contractor.

In order to make sure he can only see this single space, I have created one goup for all my colleagues, and one for the external contractor. The internal spaces have been made visible only to the internal group only via space permissions.

This works as expected, but it turns out the contractor can see people's personal spaces, unless these are restricted by the users themselves.

Is it somehow possible for me as an admin to restrict the visibility of personal spaces to a group, e.g. by editing the velocity templates for the documentation theme?

I would rather not rely on my users doing the right thing, and would prefer to take that burden off their shoulders.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

I'm afraid the only way to do that is to edit the restrictions for every personal space in your instance. As an administrator, you can do that yourself. If you have a very high number of the spaces, you may try some automation using the API.

Ralph Poellath August 5, 2012

Thanks, Alex.

I wasn't aware that an admin could restrict users' personal spaces. The only downside to this is that I can't prevent users from removing the restriction afterwards (even though I don't know why they should do so).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events