Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Plugin to store files

Mathieu Yargeau March 8, 2017

I saw this https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/59800, but it is almost five years old. Is the answer still valid?

I wanted to be able to store things like xml files, images, maybe zip files. xml files can be easy to store with Active Objects, since I can store it as a String, I guess, but for other files, I would prefer not to use the JIRA HOME. Is there a way to store files somewhere, like Confluence does it? In Confluence, if I attach a file to a page, or insert an image in a page, I cannot find those files in the server's Confluence folder (maybe they are here, but I didn't find them), so it must to stored in some database or something.

Is there something equivalent I can do with Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

JIRA stores the issue attachments in the JIRA_HOME/data/attachments directory, grouped into sub-directories (one for each issue).

I'd suggest you not to use /data/attachments, but using /data/yourownpluginname could be a good candidate.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events