Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalidate javascript on plugin installation

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Hi everybody,

I have an issue with my plugin after installation. A lot of client keep the old version of my javascript code in their browser's cache.

How can I force them to reload the newest version (batch.js I guess...) after a plugin installation?

This is a quite big issue for me since I have some business rules coded directly in javascript. If the users are still running the old version, then a lot of things may go terribly wrong...

Thanks for any response.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2014

we also faced same problem, when ever i change my javascript files those changes are not reflecting so what i did is, just i renamed webresource plugin module name and key then it worked(user need to refresh the browser if they already jira openned on it) !!

some other users may have diffrent solution!!

Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2014

Ok, will try with something like

<web-resource key="my-resources-${project.version}" name="Web Resources ${project.version}">

to see if it works better.

Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events