Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Fixed colors in JIRA CHARTING PLUGINS's pie chart code?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

I have taken code of the pie chart from jira charting plugin. I wanted to use the Fixed colors like RED,GREEN and YELLOW, instead of the other colors, In code how to fix the colors and where to add the code for that?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

In Workload Pie chart  Java class, they have used JFREE CHART library for generating the Pie chart. I have referred to the below link and used the Colors for filling it in the Segments. It Worked well. Thanks for your Reply's Nic.

https://javabeanz.wordpress.com/2007/08/06/creating-pie-charts-using-custom-colors-jfreechart/

image2016-8-19 11:47:22.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2016

Excellent.  Thanks for posting what you've found back too, it's good to know it can be done and where to look!

1 vote
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 2, 2019

For those not looking to develop their own fix, it's pretty easy just to choose the colors of the pie charts using the Custom Jira Charts for Confluence add-on.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2016

You'll need to change the code of the gadget to get it to use the colours differently.  It's not that huge a codebase if you can find it in the source download.

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

Yes Nic, You have already said that and i couldn't get access to source code, so i am trying it using JIRA ChARTING PLUGIN. I am unable to find where the color is getting generated, later i found that JFREECHART is doing that a method called generatechart() is creating a chart. but still i am unable to get into that method for finding the color related code. Need help related to coding?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

By default it fetches blue color on the pie chart, i doesn't want the blue color at all, need some other color, i couldn't go on to the line which describes the color on the JIRA Charting Plugins code. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2016

I don't know, I haven't got the source code to read for you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events