Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a Email from Jira Report Programatically?

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

I am developing a report where i want to send report out put to user via email.

it is possible to send a report to user who had worked for specific issue

does any one know?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012

Hi All,

I find the solution for this i have added a webwork entry in atlassian plugin.xml

Front controller is jsp file and .java file as supporting action.

Now i am able to get the required things in my .jsp file and i find its working.

Bharath Gowda June 25, 2012

Hi Tousif Shaikh,

I am also looking for a similar solution. Instead of saving the report to excel and then copying ot to email, I need to email the report directily from Jira.

Can you explain me how you could do it and what plugin type you implemented. It will be really helpful.

Erwin Manuel January 9, 2013

Any tip how to do this? What we want is to sent out excel generated report from an issue filter.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

That looks quite unecessary when you can create a subscription for the filter which JIRA automatically sends out.

Erwin Manuel January 13, 2013

Well, we are sending out the reports to users outside the network and they dont have access to our Jira. So in this case the excel format is better than the html emails.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

I would look at scheduling a wget command on the url for the Excel using task scheduler or cronjob and then emailing the report from there using any command line tools.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Instead of creating and maintaining an inhouse-built solution, you can develop your custom report with the PDF View Plugin, and then utilize the PDF Automation Plugin to send that in an email according to flexible CRON based schedules or at issue events (workflow transitions, creations, etc.)

If you prefer the Excel file format, then you can the Excel Automation Plugin to implement this (tutorial).

Here is a sample report with issue lists, aggregate values and graphical charts:

47216640-1c6a-4055-b8ab-21fc2f7d38ca.png

0 votes
Ozgur Kolan July 9, 2013

jobin how can you do subscribing mail to issue's owner ? I tried subscribin but it always send mail to me.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

You can't. The owner will have to subscribe himself. Or you can subscribe to a group.

Ozgur Kolan July 10, 2013

thanks mate :(

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

Sending a report to users via email is not possible out of the box unless you are using some plugin which supports that. You can however export few reports to Excel!

You might also want to look at subscribing to filters and 'Email this issue' plugin if you want to send selected issues.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events