Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict single field edit in JIRA issue screen?

Rajesh Singh November 5, 2014

Hello,

I am using JIRA version 6.2.2 and grouped all custom fields in tabs.

And requirement is to restrict single fields edit.

How this can be achieved?

Example:

Let’s say there are five custom fields, they are:

CF1, CF2, CF3, CF4 and CF5 and it can be any type.

And there are two tabs, tab1 and tab2.

In tab1, custom fields are: CF1, CF2 and CF3

In tab2, custom fields are: CF4 and CF5.

And to edit these fields, I can click on edit button and edit these value.

And we can also edit using JIRA issue screen ( single edit).

Here I want to restrict, single edit.

Please tell me how ?

Best regards,

Rajesh Singh

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2014

I don't know what you mean by "single edit".

Inline edit (editing without having to click "edit" and go to the edit screen) respects the edit screen.  If you remove a field from the edit screen, you won't be able to click on it in the view screen to edit it.  

Rajesh Singh November 9, 2014

Hello Nic, Thanks for response! By removing fields from edit screen also not visible when I open issue from backlog screen. Is it because of screen in edit mode if we open from backlog screen? One more observation, JIRA has system level setting INLINE EDIT = ON/OFF. I have changed the setting and to INLINE EDIT= OFF and problem is that, If I open issue from customer portal, it is working correctly but If I open issue from backlog screen it is not working. Now question is: Is it expected functionality or something else need to do? Best regards, Rajesh Singh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2014

Sorry, not sure i understand this - are you saying you have turned of inline edit completely, but it is still working?

Rajesh Singh November 10, 2014

Yes, I turned OFF inline edit, but still working if I open issue from JIRA backlog screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2014

Ah, sorry, I should have realised this earlier. You're talking about the "backlog" screen. That is part of Jira Agile. It is NOT using inline edit in Jira, the edit you have in there is part of the Agile addon. It's nothing to do with inline edit in the core of Jira. I don't think you can turn it off.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events