Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get time an issue has been in status using REST?

rich leblanc February 27, 2014

I need to find issues that have been in a status for longer than a certain time period, say a month using the REST API and python. How would I get that information? Is there a field that contains the time a status was entered? In other words, how can I tell how long an issue has been in a state?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

The Status looks like a varchar and looks like it doesn't have its own time stamp as per: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Issue+fields

"Updated" means a lot of things...but I would guess looking at the history for the issue would be the trick. That leads us to:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/64708/is-it-possible-to-get-the-issue-history-using-the-rest-api....The entry by Chris Young looks like the weiner! Good luck.

Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Did that last link work for you?

rich leblanc March 5, 2014

No, I don't understand. I put ?expand=changelog in my request with and without the question mark in front but don't see anything different in the response.

r = requests.get('http://jira.xxxxxxxx.com/rest/api/2/search?jql=%s&startAt=%s&?expand=changelog' % (jql, start_issue), auth=('user', 'password'))

print r.json()

0 votes
rich leblanc February 27, 2014

"...iterate through the results and look at the timestamps". How? I've got the issues just don't see any timestamp on the status. Don't need to put code on github just what's the query to see the timestamps?

0 votes
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

I would write a small python program, that would hit the server and get all the issues that match the basic JQL (for that project, in that status etc.) and then iterate through the results and look at the timestamps. I've done that very thing and its not hard. I guess I should put some source up on github?

I can either anonymize the program or just post a snippet. Up to you.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events