Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add values to a dropdown list

Anton Haglund March 1, 2016

Hi all, 

I am looking for a way to have a dropdown list, just like the standard "Select List - single choice" with the option to manually type in a value if it doesn't exist in the list. I have looked for a custom field that can support this but haven't found one. Would be nice to not have to have an extra text field just for this purpose. 

Is there anyone that has a solution for this? 

Thanks, 
Anton 

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2016

The labels field effectively does this, although it's not a drop-down (it has the advantage that it will suggest existing labels while a user starts to type as well)

Anton Haglund March 2, 2016

Thanks for your quick reply Nic! I would like to add a couple of values to the Label Field - like you do with a Select List, but I only manage to set default values. Is it possible to store values like in a Select List, but with the option to also add values when creating a new issue? 

Anton Haglund March 2, 2016

I found out how it works, perfect! Just what we were looking for. Thanks! smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

No, the labels field is free choice for the users to add whatever they like, and doesn't have a list of options.  The options are created on-the-fly, by the users actually adding them.

A few places I've worked have a "seed" - when they create a new project, they create a new issue immediately, and put in the first dozen or so labels that they'd like the users to start with.  That way, the field makes good suggestions right away.  Most of them delete the seed issue after they reach a couple of hundred issues in the project.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events