Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MutableIssue.Setkey() set the issuekey or the ID of the issue in jiraissue?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2011

So I am trying to create a post function plugin where it reset the Issue Key from ABC-123 (default sequence by JIRA) to ABC-888123. I notice there is a function call Setkey, but from the documentation , it doesnt tell u if that function set the issue key or some other key for that issue? Can someone clarify that?

I understand in theory we shouldnt be changing the key, but it's jsut how our current process work to reduce less confusion.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Alexander Johannes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

setKey() is indeed affecting the unique key of an issue. The ID of an issue can be read via Issue.getId() - the is no (official) way to change it.

If you like the old key also to be found, you have to create a change history entry afterwards.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events