Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development area in issue not updating / updating slowly Stash branches and commits

Doug Hughes August 20, 2014

I've configured an application link between Jira and Stash. I've created a project in Jira and in Stash. I've connected the projects via the Jira project settings. I can see the development section when looking at an ticket in Jira. For a new ticket this shows "Create Branch" link, as expected.

If I create a new branch using this link everything works correctly, in that a branch is made in Stash. However, I do not immeditately see that the branch has been created from the ticket in Jira, which I would expect. This is true no mater how many branches I create for the ticket.

Also, if I push any commits to one of these branches with the ticket number in the commit message, they are accepted by Stash. However, I do not immeditaly see the commits shown on the ticket in Jira.

It does seem that after some unknown durration that these do show up. However, it seems to be a rather lengthy period. I've sat and refreshed the Jira issue over and over for several minutes, restarted Jira, restarted Stash, reindexed Jira, and more, and not seen any changes shown in the Jira ticket. It's only after I leave it alone for an extended period of time that I can then see these details.

Is this expected behavior? How can make this more real-time?

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2014

One reason for the behaviour you are seeing could be that 2LO is not enabled on the Application Link from your Stash instance, to your JIRA instance. You must ensure that JIRA accepts 2LO auth from Stash, and also that Stash is configured to use 2LO when making requests to JIRA.

For more information, please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+Atlassian+Tools+for+Integration+with+JIRA#InstallingAtlassianToolsforIntegrationwithJIRA-Applicationlinks

2LO means that the 2 servers trust each other to share data. For the dev summary panel, this means that Stash can push the commit data to JIRA for display in the dev summary panel immediately. If 2LO is not enabled, then Stash will not push the data to JIRA and JIRA will refresh its cache only every 30minutes which may explain why you are eventually seeing the data.

Doug Hughes August 24, 2014

Ah ha! This makes sense! Thank you.

pnelsonsr June 17, 2015

Had same problem and it was JIRA's Stash Link that didn't have oAuth 2LO set. All other oAuth (outgoing on Both JIRA and Stash and incoming on Stash) had oAuth 2LO set. Once this setting was updated the Development section responses almost immediately.

Caleb Tenberge
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2016

We are having this same problem but all oAuth 2LO is set/enabled. When I click the 'Pull Request Open' link the pop out window shows it as merged but the link shows open. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Jean-Paul December 11, 2016

We seem to be experiencing the same issue, running Bitbucket 4.9.1 and JIRA 6.4.12.  We have oAuth 2LO set and it was functioning correctly immediately after creating the application link, but after a short period perhaps 30 minute to an hour it stops working.  At the same time Workflow triggers have stopped working.  So I know it was configured correctly and when I delete and recreate the application link it will again work with update showing immediately in JIRA for commits, branches and pull requests, and workflow triggers auto transitioning issues, but leave it a while and it stops again.  Any ideas?   

0 votes
Sam Benskin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2014

Thanks Edward. I'm got 2LO setup (checked both on Jira and Stash) but still seeing delays between Jira seeing the branch and it existing in Stash (one took over 10 minutes)

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

See @Nick Pellow 's answer below. Polling only comes into play if the applinks between stash and JIRA are not allowing Stash to properly push updates to JIRA.

0 votes
Sam Benskin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 2, 2014

Hi @Eddie Webb , I've got the same problem with slow jira updates of stash information. Did you ever find the config setting?

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

This is based on the interval in which the JIRA service polls stash. The tradeoff for more frequent polling is more server overhead, potentially slowing everything down. I think you may be able to configure, trying to dig up details. The question as to why Stash's push notifications aren;t working is detailed by nick below.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events