Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove the entire header from a Space?

Eric Riddle June 27, 2012

Is it possible to remove the entire header (Breadcrumbs/Menus/Search) from a Space?

If not, can I remove just the search bar?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Yes, you will want to edit the Main Layout decorator to do this. Go to the Space Admin page for that space, and then click Create Custom next to the Main Layout. There's quite a bit going on in that file, but it's the place where you would make any changes that appear above (and below) the wiki content, such as headers, search boxes, tools/add/edit drop downs, etc.

Oh, and don't worry if you screw up. You can always restore the default one by clicking Reset Default.

Eric Riddle June 27, 2012

You wouldn't happen to know which lines to remove, would you? I played around with the Main Layout yesterday for quite some time with little luck.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I've done some heavy customizations of the decorators, so mine don't look much like the defaults any more. Removing breadcrumbs is pretty straightforward. I think you just comment out the $!sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.breadcrumbs") call. Search is in the "search-header" DIV. Comment that out to remove it. You can kill the whole header, too, by commenting out the "header" DIV, but be careful. Some calls are required. Make sure you have access to the database so that you can edit the custom decorator directly in case you break it and can't load the edit page. (Been there, done that).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events