Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk action transition count wrong

Tom Lister March 8, 2017

Hi

Can anyone explain the stats reported in a bulk transtion

Filter returns 59 issues

Select Bulk change 59 issues

select Transition Issue, workflow action to resolve issue - says 22 issues will be updated

When in progress, the progress bars states Transitioning 42 issues. Checking issues updated in last 5 mins shows 22 issues changed.

Does anyone know what the progress bar is reporting? It confuses our users.

Tom

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Tom Lister March 8, 2017

I can't make the numbers work in the example given

Of the 59, only 22 are eligible to make the "Resolve Issue" transition - which is correct.
Of the 22, 19 are subtasks , 3 are parent tasks.
9 are subtasks of the 3 reported parent tasks. The reported parent tasks have 29 subtasks between them. It could be the +20 are the extra subtasks not explicitly selected

Although when looking after the fact, I can't factor in the eligibility of the subtasks as they've been updated by the test.

However I tried another test - bulk changed 1 issue, had 9 sub tasks, and reported 10 task to be transitioned. It only actually performed a transition on the 1 issue selected. So your theory looks generally correct but can't derive a rule that covers all variations.

I'd say its a bug in progress bar stats but i'll put it down as 'mostly harmless'

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

There's a couple of things to check over:

On the transition selection, it may be that only some of the issues in your filter can go through that transition.  The bulk-change will make you select one transition and ignore the issues that can't do it.

If you have sub-tasks to transition, or parents with sub-tasks, then the 42 may be because of linked transition activities, although a jump from 22 to 42 sounds high to me. 

I would want to compare what changes on

1.  An issue in the 59 that does change as part of the 22
  2. An issue in the 59 that does not update
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events