Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average of a custom field

Ivan Martin Herrero March 13, 2017

Hi,

I have the problem that i need to calculate the average value for reporting purposes of a custom field.

In example:

-I have Issues with the custom field "Value of all" and the value of the field are numeric (1,5,85,56,...). For Reporting i need only the average value of that field in the issues i select in the JQL when i want to do the report.

There is a way to do it easily, or some plugin to do it?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Hey @Ivan Martin Herrero,

our add-on sumUp for JIRA calculates the sum and the average of your column values in the issue navigator. 
In addition, you can add sumUp gadgets to your dashboard. We hope, it will help you to fulfill  your requirement. 

If you have  any questions, please feel free to contact us via email to atlassian-marketplace(at)decadis(dot)de.

With best regards
Nicolas
Decadis AG 

Hey @Nicolas Werle [Decadis AG]

I tried your plugin but it only shows the results in seconds and i need to show it in hours or days if necessary. 

Is there a way to do that? because i tried the plugin but the problem was that.

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Hey Ivan,

One of the solutions is to do using Script Runner plugin and use issuefunction in JQL and use Text Gadget to display the average value.

OR

Use, script runner plugin, create a scripted field, perform average function desired custom field(s) and then hide/unhide average value.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.18/jira/scripted-fields.html

To display a number field on JIRA, you should use Text gadget.

Hope this gives you a start

Chander

The problem is that i don't have the knowledge for programming

Like Дмитро Білий likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events