Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Configuration Parameters for Custom Field

David Welsh October 23, 2012

Hey,

I currently have implemented a String Customfield called BillingCodeField that extends AbstractSingleFieldType<String>. For this customfield I have the edit.vm implementing a cascading select box populated by AJAX calls to a JIRA REST Resource.

What I would like to do is when I add the Field and enter the initial configuration or just edit the configuration is have more configurations than just Field Name and Description. What I would like is to add my own configuration text fields there that I could then access within my edit.vm like defining where the REST Resource is, or defining certain filter parameters to pass in my AJAX Call.

Anyone have places I could start in terms of figuring out how to do this? I've tried googling and searching Answers but it hasn't yielded me any results yet.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

You'll need to create your own ConfigurationItemType and add it to the return value of the getConfigurationItemTypes() method in your BillingCodeField class. You can check out the com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.SelectCFType for an example of how this works.

Hope that helps!

David Welsh October 25, 2012

Thanks, this has pointed me in the right direction.

0 votes
Sergey Tverdokhleb February 3, 2013

Guys, hello.

These all are quite useful, but I didn't get to the point.

I've done all mentioned above and now I stuck at saving configuration's parameter value.

How can it be done and where it can be saved?

I want to create a field, that will be incremented each time, that some event fires. Name of event must be stored in this configuration.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events