Community release notes for October 1st, 2024

Sending cozy October greetings to you all. It’s hard to believe we’re 3/4 of the way through 2024! I hope everyone is enjoying the changing season and if you’re a fan of fall, I raise a pumpkin spice latte to you in cheers. 😁

IcedPumpkinSpiceLatte-1200-x-1200-500x500.jpg

(awkwardly tries to wipe off her whipped cream mustache) On to the news!

New

Send Kudos from profile hover cards!

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 4.55.36 PM.png

When browsing through your posts and topics I like to send Kudos to recognize great responses or interesting questions. With the introduction of this new button in hover cards, you can send Kudos love notes easily, quickly, and without interrupting your browsing flow.

Note from @PJ Zaiac : "These display in recipient's profiles as 'for writing great content', since comments are content too!! We are evaluating the impact of this change and considering adjusting your weekly bank of 10 recognition Kudos to send accordingly, but want to give the update a few weeks for us to see how it goes with the existing bank first. Happy recognizing!"

I think we should all *cough* "test" the new Kudos button together by hovering over the username of the last reply to this article and sending a Kudos nose boop. What do you think? Easy enough? GO FORTH AND BOOP!

That all I have to share today but as you know I always share when a little bird visits me and during this visit it shared there are more Kudos updates coming to the community soon... @PJ Zaiac is brewing an update to share with you all soon.

You can catch the latest edition of PJ's Kudos release notes here! There is SO MUCH packed into this issue, make sure to head over and check out all the updates.

We love hearing from you, so leave feedback, comments, and questions below! 👇

9 comments

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2024

Hi, and thanks for the update, @Janice and...

I tried it and noted there is no "type" for this recognition (e.g., For going above and beyond), and instead shows "from profile hover card" when reviewing the ones I have given in the top-bar navigation.  It appears it still counts against the 10 kudos total available per week. 

How does that compare to what you were expecting?  Thanks, again!

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2024

Ooooh, I'm so excited for this one! Might as well test it on me, ha!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2024

Just noticed the same as @Bill Sheboy! "You gave kudos to Bill Sheboy from profile hover card" - I guess I'd lump that in with great content for the most part?

Like # people like this
PJ Zaiac
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 1, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy@Amanda Barber is right on the money - these display in recipient's profiles as 'for writing great content', since comments are content too!! We are evaluating the impact of this change and considering adjusting your weekly bank of 10 recognition Kudos to send accordingly, but want to give the update a few weeks for us to see how it goes with the existing bank first. Happy recognizing! 🤩

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2024

So much easier than trying to search for the fellow user, oftentimes which fails. Thanks for the new capability!

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2024

Super update! 🙌
Shame I already spent my 10 weekly kudos so I have to wait until next week to test it out 😔

Like # people like this
Andrew _Zim_ Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

Great update! Thanks!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

giphy

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2024

I already tried it out on today's Welcome Wednesday post. Very convenient.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events