Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test case in the sprint, do i need to link a sprint?

Tereza Y Yamamoto April 29, 2019

Hi,

when i create a sprint, i need to push the user stories in to the sprint. Do i need to do the samething with the test case? Or it is enough linked a sprint to test cycle?

thanks.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sivarama Krishna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

SPRINT is a group of Tasks/Stories/ for a period of two weeks(Sprint Duration).

If you are using a project for Test Development, then you can add as part of the sprint as the Test Development is an activity which takes couple of hours to complete. 

If you are re-using Test(Test-1/Test-2) for Execution, then not required to be part of SPRINT.

Consider as part of the sprint, only if you are developing the Test (Test Case).

0 votes
Tereza Y Yamamoto April 30, 2019

Hi Anil!

I'm using like issue type. I'm creating like 'user story' (but type 'test'), but I'm not linking to the sprint and it stay in the backlog list.

So, isn't it necessary link test case to the sprint, right?

exemple: 

(lista de pendências = backlog)

exemplo.jpg

0 votes
Anil Kumar April 30, 2019

Just to understand this use-case better - are you using test-cases as an *issue type* or Test work items of add-ons like "Zephyr for jira".

Is your test cases are just issue type - adding sprint (with test cases) in test cycle is enough.

If using Zephyr for JIRA - each test items have one life cycle and it will give OOB features.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJ0300/pages/31653924/Executing+in+Test+Cycles

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events