• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

test case in the sprint, do i need to link a sprint?

Hi,

when i create a sprint, i need to push the user stories in to the sprint. Do i need to do the samething with the test case? Or it is enough linked a sprint to test cycle?

thanks.

3 answers

Just to understand this use-case better - are you using test-cases as an *issue type* or Test work items of add-ons like "Zephyr for jira".

Is your test cases are just issue type - adding sprint (with test cases) in test cycle is enough.

If using Zephyr for JIRA - each test items have one life cycle and it will give OOB features.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJ0300/pages/31653924/Executing+in+Test+Cycles

Hi Anil!

I'm using like issue type. I'm creating like 'user story' (but type 'test'), but I'm not linking to the sprint and it stay in the backlog list.

So, isn't it necessary link test case to the sprint, right?

exemple: 

(lista de pendências = backlog)

exemplo.jpg

SPRINT is a group of Tasks/Stories/ for a period of two weeks(Sprint Duration).

If you are using a project for Test Development, then you can add as part of the sprint as the Test Development is an activity which takes couple of hours to complete. 

If you are re-using Test(Test-1/Test-2) for Execution, then not required to be part of SPRINT.

Consider as part of the sprint, only if you are developing the Test (Test Case).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

On-demand: Fireside chat with Atlassian on scaling agile organizations

Scaling an agile organization and setting it up for success over the long term is a hard thing to do. We hear a common set of questions from customers all the time, questions like: Can agile scal...

3,929 views 2 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you