Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best suggested agile tool to use when introducing Agile to small businesses

ARomeo September 7, 2023

I am dealing with entrepreneurs in business 0-2 years and 3-8 years

I want to coach them on Agile as the efficient way to schedule their tasks /goals and to get them completed saving time and cost.

I would like to introduce them to the most effective and user friendly agile tool.

What is your suggestion

4 answers

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

Hi @ARomeo ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

There are many agile tools out there, all of them have their pros and cons, there is no single great Agile tool (perhaps maybe just pen, paper, post-its, and a whiteboard are good enough).

Depending on the needs of your customers the best tool for them might wildly differ.
Like the Agile Manifesto says: "Individuals and interactions over processes and tools" 

Some good tools to support an Agile team can be:

1. A whiteboard, pens, paper, and post-its
  2. Trello
  3. Jira Software
  4. Monday.com
  5. Asana
  6. Or one of the many others out there.

In this community you will find that most people will be using Trello and/or Jira to track their Agile way of working. You will also find plenty of Agile Marketplace Apps on the Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=Agile

I myself work at a company called Umano where we have build a Team Performance Guidance app focused on using Agile metrics to improve the way your team works.

I'm sure you'll find something for each of your customers, but the solution will probably be different for each.

Cheers,
Peter

1 vote
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2023

Hi @ARomeo ,

Based on the needs of entrepreneurs in different stages of their business, I think that the best tools for entrepreneurs in business 0-2 years will be:

• Trello: This is a simple, intuitive tool that uses a Kanban board to manage tasks. It's user-friendly and offers a free version, making it ideal for startups and small businesses.
  • Jira: While it might be a bit complex for complete beginners, Jira offers robust Agile functionalities. If the entrepreneurs are tech-savvy and foresee rapid scaling, Jira could be a good investment.

For entrepreneurs who have been in business for 3-8 years, Jira is the best Agile tool to use.

At this stage, businesses have more complex needs and may require a tool that offers advanced Agile functionalities. Jira is highly customizable and integrates well with other tools.

Generally, there are many products and apps in the Atlassian ecosystem, and it can be challenging to make the right choice. To solve this problem, our team is launching a tool to monitor the marketplace, make choices, and see changes easier and faster than with manual research. You can get early access, and it may be helpful in the future.

Best regards,
Halyna

0 votes
Halina Cudakiewicz_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2023

Hi @ARomeo !

While working for startups and small companies, I was using Trello (the easiest kanban option) and Jira (a bit more confusing at first, but extremely useful in the long run.) I would recommend using one of these.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2023

Hi @ARomeo,

Jira Software with Great Gadgets app might be (by far) your best option here. 

It is a cost-effective solution that consists in a comprehensive set of dashboard gadgets that allows tracking agile projects in a really effective & efficient way: sprint burndown/burnup, release burndown/burnup with forecast, team velocity, cycle time, lead time, CFD, team throughput, WIP aging, wallboard, key-numbers & KPI, work break-down - all you need in one single app.

No photo description available.

Have a look over some of our blog articles to make an idea:

If you look over the apps reviews, you will see that Great Gadgets has awesome reviews from agile professionals (coaches, scrum master) and data analysts. 

The app is made by StonikByte - a Platinum Atlassian Vendor, certified in ISO 27001 security standard and is actively used by more than 2500 companies.

One-pager with more details can be downloaded from here.

Thank you,

Danut Manda

ARomeo September 12, 2023

I appreciate the input. The information is very informative. I definitely research. 

Thank you so much. 

Like Peter Van de Voorde likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events