It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What happened to the epics on the left view? Edited

Up until the latest upgrade of JIRA, it was easy to view the epics on the left and see all of the stories under each epic.  This made sense and was easy to create a new story inside an epic.  Is it possible to still get this view? EpicsCapture.PNG

The image here is how is looked previously.  How do I get this view back?  

2 answers

You should be able to create an issue within an Epic listed in the snapshot you've posted.

Under "All Issues" you should be seeing all the existing Epics. Expand an Epic and you should see the 'Create Issue in Epic' link.

Hey thanks, that image I put in my post is how is previously looked.  That's no longer visible and that's the heart of my question.  How to get that view with the Epics on the left back?

Scott Theus Community Leader Apr 04, 2018

Anup, if I remember correctly, the previous UI included a section in the left nav that showed just epics, and would display the issues under an epic in the main view when one epic was selected. 

Of course, I could be wrong...I only used Jira for a short time under the old UI.

-Scott

We user JIRA 7.10 server version.

If I saw a screen (like the one you've attached), I would think that the board's JQL does not provide any issues which are assigned to Epics.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,240 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you