Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the epics on the left view?

Craig Jacobs April 4, 2018

Up until the latest upgrade of JIRA, it was easy to view the epics on the left and see all of the stories under each epic.  This made sense and was easy to create a new story inside an epic.  Is it possible to still get this view? EpicsCapture.PNG

The image here is how is looked previously.  How do I get this view back?  

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Troy Spetz July 9, 2018

We user JIRA 7.10 server version.

If I saw a screen (like the one you've attached), I would think that the board's JQL does not provide any issues which are assigned to Epics.

0 votes
Anup
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

You should be able to create an issue within an Epic listed in the snapshot you've posted.

Under "All Issues" you should be seeing all the existing Epics. Expand an Epic and you should see the 'Create Issue in Epic' link.

Craig Jacobs April 4, 2018

Hey thanks, that image I put in my post is how is previously looked.  That's no longer visible and that's the heart of my question.  How to get that view with the Epics on the left back?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

Anup, if I remember correctly, the previous UI included a section in the left nav that showed just epics, and would display the issues under an epic in the main view when one epic was selected. 

Of course, I could be wrong...I only used Jira for a short time under the old UI.

-Scott

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events