Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What combination of products do I need

Ehud Kafri November 5, 2019

HI,

I am part of a small company and we are looking for a solution to streamline a few of our main business flows.

The following flows are the main flows I would like to address:

1. Customer contacts Service Desk (or directly opens a ticket), Service desk refine and tag and either solve or forwards the ticket to Product, Product Tags, prioritize the story and might add info and extract related user stories, the user stories are added to the development team backlog. The team adds estimations and related tasks that should be managed on an agile board. Product/Service desk should have an option to share a ticket with a customer.
  2. The tickets should be able to be connected to TFS build pipeline with git, so the user stories should show the related status, related PR's maybe branches and so on, also results of automatic tests run should be shown (pass/fail) from the pipeline.
  3. Product should be able to have a road map where the Blocks are connected to Epics, User stories, tasks, and so on.
  4. Wiki and Docomantion store for inner documents and Customer facing documents

I think that the main things for now, Generally as you can see what I want is a single suite that will allow us to streamline the whole flow.

What will be the products I need? (ex': Jira Software, Jira Align, Confluence, Statuspage,)

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin Weber -Beecom- November 7, 2019

Hi Ehud Kafri,

Ideally, you'll want the following products:

1. Jira Service Desk and Jira Software for interacting with customers and managing software development. If you want to connect to TFS for information, take a look at Git Integration for Jira as it is not supported natively afaik.
  2. This needs to be done using 3rd party add-ons, unless you manage your code and build process using Bitbucket and Bamboo.
  3. Roadmaps are a feature that is only supported by Jira Cloud, however there are a number of Apps on the marketplace that bring this feature onto Server, such as Portfolio, BigPicture or EasyAgile. Of course, you can also create a page in confluence and link issues from it if you prefer.
  4. Jira Service Desk supports using a Confluence space as a knowledge space if you want to create public documentation and reduce questions on Service Desk. Of course, Confluence can be used to house this documentation – many app vendors use confluence to provide documentation.

Also, if your workflows get complex, or contain many repetitive steps, there are a number of automation tools on the marketplace to help you reduce these steps.

Ehud Kafri November 7, 2019

Thank you Benjamin, appreciate you taking the time to answer.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events