We are using Jira, a highly customizable tool, and I am told Atlassian blocks this.

I would like to have shortcuts for Clone and Archive.  I am told from others in the field outside of my company that Jira is highly customizable, but at my company, Atlassian blocks us from customizing shortcuts and pulldowns.  Can you help please?  I have to use Clone and Archive several times in one sitting, and those functionalities are buried in multiple pulldowns across the screen.  I am getting frustrated using Jira.

I am also curious why we are not allowed to customize, including the admins assigned to customize Jira for us, when we were expecting this to be customizable.  Please comment.

Emily

1 answer

1 votes

You don't say whether you are using Cloud or Server.

If you are on Cloud, then Atlassian limits your customisations to things that they can support, as your system is running on their kit and you're relying on them to support it. 

If you are on Server, then you are free to customise it completely.  Atlassian may not support your customisations, but you are free to do them.

In short, it's not Atlassian blocking your customisations, it's your administrators, either by not doing them or by choosing a system where they cannot be done.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published yesterday in Agile

Community Showcase: Thomas Deiler, Mountaineering Agile Coach

Thomas Deiler is a Bavarian, Mountaineering, Senior Agile Coach. In this Showcase, you will learn about his journey from software engineer to project manager, his freelance philosophy, and much more....

60 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot