You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I've just been informed by one of our project managers that our Velocity Chart is "no longer working"!
I think this has come about as a result of my modification of the board and workflow, which I'm trying to prepare for future Release Notes automation.
Specifically, I added a new 'Merged' column to the board (after Done), to allow us to differentiate between code/features that have been completed and those that had then been merged into the main branch, with a transition from DONE to CLOSED.
Unfortunately, this caused another issue for me yesterday afternoon whereby ~698 issues were returned on to the backlog, which I resolved by performing a Bulk change of all issues with a DONE status AND not in current sprint, to CLOSED. This worked for the backlog, returning the number of issues back to what it should be.
However, this has caused another problem with the Velocity chart, which no longer shows the 'completed' work for issues in the past few sprints. Looking at the affected sprints, I can see the status of the issues is DONE, but when I look in the Issue Navigator the exact same issues status are CLOSED.
I suspect that the Velocity chart requires the issue status to be CLOSED, but since the affected sprints have been completed that their status was 'as of' the time when their sprint was completed.
Could you please let me know how I can resolve this, since I'd like to show the actual work completed.
I recently experienced this for the first time. Turns out the Scrum Master re-arranged the board's columns on which the report was based, adding two new statuses after "Done."
Once those columns were removed and the board was re-configured as it was originally set up, the completed bars started re-appearing in the Reports.
Takeaway: Don't add statuses after "Done"
i added a new statue called canceled and marked it as a category done - In order to have a better view of epics completion
face the same issue as the post
to solve this i changed the order of the columns in Kanban board by keeping done statue the last column in the board