Unable to view all the issues created for a project in newly created Scrum Board

Madhurima Pabbaraju January 7, 2019

There are 22 issues for a project currently. 

I created a scrum board yesterday and I'm able to see only 14 issues for now. 

I checked the board settings are found that there aren't any issues under unmapped statuses. Screenshot attached. Can someone please provide any insights on this. Or if I have missed anything?

Scrum Board.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2019

Where are you seeing the 14 issues?  In the backlog, or on the board during a sprint?

Madhurima Pabbaraju January 8, 2019

Hi Nic - I'm seeing them in the backlog. I didn't create a sprint yet. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2019

So, can you take a look at one of the issues that you expect should be in the backlog?  What is different between that and one issue that does appear?

I suspect it's going to be the issue type, but I can't be sure.

Yes, it's the issue type. The issues that I'm seeing in the backlog are basically Stories and that are not visible on the board are Epics and Sub-tasks. 

Is this issue one of the reasons?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2019

I thought so. 

Epics don't appear because you don't plan then directly - you don't need them in the backlog, they're containers for your stories.  They'll appear in the Epics tab though.

Subtasks don't appear in the backlog because they're pointless noise in there.  They are planned as part of a story, and can only be ranked within their containing story, which is not something you look at when ranking your stories.  They will appear on your board when you put their owning story into a sprint and start it.

Thank you for your inputs, Nic.

It was really helpful.

But, I'm unable to find those Epics in the Epic tab as well.

Regards,

Madhurima

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events