Tracking Status of a Scrum Team' Commitment from PI Planning Session

Mike Lemmon March 6, 2020

Hi There:

I'm looking for input on how others have accomplished tracking our Scrum Teams commitment from PI Planning.

I'm the Scrum Master for a team on a fairly large Release Train, using the SAFe approach.

I'm looking for the best way to track my teams status on delivering the Features we committed to delivering in the PI Planning Session ... somewhat of a Burn Down at the Program Increment level, rather than a singular Sprint Level.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2020

Hi @Mike Lemmon

The report options on base Jira are more sprint based - we have certainly exported this data in the past and tracked it per Team using Excel or a BI Tool. If you're looking for something on Jira - I'd suggest using a Marketplace App, such as:

^ These will give you a little more power directly on your instance if you don't want to visualise this data off-site.

You can find plenty more reporting apps on the Marketplace.

Ste

Mike Lemmon March 9, 2020

Hey Stephen:

Thanks for the response, I'm going the EazyBI route.  Any suggestions on getting up to speed using this tool?  I looked for an eBook but, am not able to find any.

Thanks again, have a great day..

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

Hi @Mike Lemmon 

You can find supporting documentation for any app in their "support" page on the Marketplace - see EazyBI's here

Here you can view:

• EazyBI's documentation
  • Their own community link
  • Other questions on Atlassian Community relating to this app

I'd suggest their documentation is a good starting point, where there are articles on getting started and setting up!

Ste

Mike Lemmon March 9, 2020

Thanks... I will check that out ... as I will be doing some extended travel with no internet access I was hoping to find something I can read .. .offline ... 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2020

Awesome :) - let us know how it goes!

If you find this answer gave you the correct details - could you press Accept Answer? It lets other users know who find this question this was the right advice!

Ste

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events