It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Test Cases Linked to Sprint, However not reflecting under Sprint Section

Hi, 

I am facing problem as described here.

1. I have linked 400 Test cases to Sprint 1 say.

2. Created a test cycle and mapped these 400 test cases to Sprint 1.

3. When I navigate to Jira Board i.e. Backlog page where all the sprints are mentioned, I could not find these test cases listed there. 

4. When I open individual test case from test cycle, I can see the Sprint 1 linked to test case.

I faced this problem initially also and did something which i don't remember, and the problem was solved. however this time I am not able to figure out how to resolve this. 

If anyone has faced such issues and solved it, please share your valuable points here.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Mratunja,  Can you please add pictures to illustrate the problem? Are the test cases of a specific issue type? Maybe the query associated to the board is filtering these issues out. Can you share the filter? Thanks!

Carlos

Hi Carlos, Now adding picture will be tough for me reason being by some how I resolved this issue or got rectified by its own. As later I was able to find my test cases. 

I believe the closest possible reason can be SPRINT STATUS. It seems that when sprint is not started, the test cases associated to it do not reflect in the sprint, no matter they are associated to user story of the sprint and test cases are are moved to sprint. 

My assumptions is based on the fact that suddenly all test cases were reflected in my sprint and the only difference I noticed was the Sprint Status to Start.

Thanks a ton.

I am facing the same issue with my project as well. It was working before and no settings have been changed. Just recently it is not working any more

Hi Jessica, Please check whether the sprint in which you moved test cases is Started (i.e. is in Active state) or not. If not, just give a try by by making sprint active. Might be possible test cases will be reflected.

The sprint is "Active" and it is the current sprint. This is super weird for me

@Jessica Yu I hope your problem might have solved. However, just for sharing information, please make sure the "Fixed Version" of current release ( to which sprint is created) should be mentioned in test cases.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,303 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you