Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprints with stories spanning multiple releases

Vineeta Agarwal May 16, 2018

Here's my situation:

We have Sprints containing stories which correspond to various release versions. Example Sprint 5(current) contains stories for v2.0, v3.0. Sprint 6 (future) contains v2.0, v3.0 stories too.

Now the focus is on monitoring releases so we know when it goes out the door.

I want to be able to get release report broken down by sprints so that i know where release v2.0 stands and how long before it will get released, for example. Currently it will give me something like "5 in progress, 15 done and 50 to-do's". I want the release report to tell me which of these items are in which sprints so i can predict how many more sprints before the release happens.

I can't seem to accomplish this in JIRA as of today. The JQL for current "release report" will help as will a way to get this exact info.

Thanks,

VG

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Troy Spetz June 4, 2018

We use JIRA 7.9 server version.

The Release Burndown report will show the actual sprints completed and estimated number of sprints remaining for a specific FixVersion.

So, even if you have issues assigned to different FixVersions within the same sprint, the Release Burndown will separate these issues, according to the FixVersion.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events