Render value of Date to a particular dateFormat in JETI Velocity template for HTML Email Notification

Hi

I am using JETI to send HTML format emails to users. I have used $!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, 'customfield_XXXX')) to get the value from the Datepicker.

The date is displayed in the format yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.m (2014-07-10 06:59:00.0) but I want to display as dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mm (10-Jul-2014 06:59)

I tried using $!DateFormatter.format('mm/dd/yyyy', $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_XXXX")) but obviously I have'nt understood the concept here.
I read that there is an option like
jetiFieldFormatter
DateFormat getJavaDateTimeFormat(int dateStyle, int timeStyle, String locale);
String formatSafely(DateFormat dateFormat, Date value);

But I dont know how to this method. Could someone post an example and help me out here.

2 answers

1 accepted

This works
If you are using Jira Email this issue and use a VM for rendering HTML emails. Then the JETI team has implemented a new feature since version 5.3.1

## Example using Java DateFormat with a pattern

#set($dtf = $!jetiFieldFormatter.getJavaDateTimeFormat("yyyy-MMM-dd hh:mm"))
Issue created: $!jetiFieldFormatter.formatSafely($dtf, $!issue.created)

##Example using JIRA DateTimeFormatter with a DateTimeStyle name
##customfield_10000 is a DateTimePicker field

#set($jdtf = $!jetiFieldFormatter.getJiraDateTimeFormatter("RELATIVE_ALWAYS_WITH_TIME"))

Date Time Picker Field: $!jetiFieldFormatter.formatSafely($jdtf, $!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomFieldAsObject($issue, 'customfield_10000'))

In which file do we need to add this code?

In any VM file?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Teagan Harbridge
Published Wednesday in Agile

Top 10 Insights from the 12th Annual State of Agile Report

...challenges organisation’s experience in their efforts to adopt and scale agile.   Many people associate agility with complete flexibility. And that’s not necessarily true, as demonstrated by this finding....

288 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you