Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render value of Date to a particular dateFormat in JETI Velocity template for HTML Email Notification

Shabbir Kahodawala July 17, 2014

Hi

I am using JETI to send HTML format emails to users. I have used $!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, 'customfield_XXXX')) to get the value from the Datepicker.

The date is displayed in the format yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.m (2014-07-10 06:59:00.0) but I want to display as dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mm (10-Jul-2014 06:59)

I tried using $!DateFormatter.format('mm/dd/yyyy', $issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_XXXX")) but obviously I have'nt understood the concept here.
I read that there is an option like
jetiFieldFormatter
DateFormat getJavaDateTimeFormat(int dateStyle, int timeStyle, String locale);
String formatSafely(DateFormat dateFormat, Date value);

But I dont know how to this method. Could someone post an example and help me out here.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shabbir Kahodawala July 17, 2014

This works
If you are using Jira Email this issue and use a VM for rendering HTML emails. Then the JETI team has implemented a new feature since version 5.3.1

## Example using Java DateFormat with a pattern

#set($dtf = $!jetiFieldFormatter.getJavaDateTimeFormat("yyyy-MMM-dd hh:mm"))
Issue created: $!jetiFieldFormatter.formatSafely($dtf, $!issue.created)

##Example using JIRA DateTimeFormatter with a DateTimeStyle name
##customfield_10000 is a DateTimePicker field

#set($jdtf = $!jetiFieldFormatter.getJiraDateTimeFormatter("RELATIVE_ALWAYS_WITH_TIME"))

Date Time Picker Field: $!jetiFieldFormatter.formatSafely($jdtf, $!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomFieldAsObject($issue, 'customfield_10000'))

0 votes
santhosh September 27, 2016

In which file do we need to add this code?

In any VM file?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events