Quick filter for stories in which a subtask is assigned to me

Ryan Giuliany May 28, 2021

Hi all!

I have a Kanban board configured to show stories, tasks, and bugs which is the level that is right for us at the moment.  I'd like to extend the "Only My Issues" filter to also show stories in which the current user has a subtask assigned to them.

Basically the logic of "for each story on the board, look at all subtasks, if any are assigned to current user, show this story".

Is this possible, even though we're filtering out sub-tasks in this board?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Quick filters are for drilling down into a board, they do not add to it.

Your board filter will need to draw in the issues you want to see on the board.  Now, the fact you've got sub-tasks excluded from the board does not mean you can't select for their parent issues, just that you won't see sub-tasks on it.

But, there is no JQL function for "stories where I have sub-tasks assigned to me", so the answer is "no, not off-the-shelf"

You would need to do a bit of coding or scripting, and there are several ways to approach it, including, but not limited to:

• A scripted/automated field on parent issues that gathers all the assignees for sub-tasks and displays them there (then your board filter can say "and sub-task-assignees = currentUser()")
  • Script a JQL field for "stories where I have sub-tasks assigned to <someone>"
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events