No issues displaying in Scrum backlog

I'm trying to set up a new Scrum board for the first time, but no issues are displaying in my backlog. I checked the filter for the board, and the expected issues display in the issue filter screen. I've verified that the statuses of the issues match what is covered in the To Do column. I've searched the forums and the Atlassian issues pages, and can't find any answers. Please help. Thanks.

3 answers

I think I worked out how to fix this.

When you go to the board and select Tools->Configure->Columns then the Backlog status is under "Unmapped Statuses". When I drag it to the "To Do" column then my Backlogs show up on the Backlog page correctly. Then when I create and start a sprint, the backlogs included in the sprint show up on the Work page in the "To Do" column as expected.

I think this problem is due to an error which puts the unused "To Do" status in the "To Do" column, rather than the "Backlog" status. Note the exclamation next to the "To Do" status showing it's not used in the workflow.

We're setting up a scrum board to try out after having a kanban board with all of our tickets on it. When we created the scrum board for the same project nothing appeared in the backlog on the planning tab of the scrum board since we had a custom workflow/statuses.

For future users, make sure to investigate the columns of your new scrum board and drag any of your statuses (that you want to appear in your backlog in the planning tab) into the To-Do column of your new scrum board. When you revisit your planning tab, all the issues should be there.

I'm having the exact same issue, also setting up a Scrum board for the first time.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 12, 2018 in Agile

How Davin Studer gets Confluence to do everything he wants it to do...except dishes

@Davin Studer holds many interests, including but not limited to health tech and Star Trek. Read on to discover more about Davin, from his favorite Confluence macros to his favorite lit...

303 views 3 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you