Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Workflow status to Scrum Backlog in order to 'ice' issues

Andreas Brey February 13, 2019

This is my first community question. 

Actually i created a workflow that refers to an Agile Scrum Board. I included some transistions in order to push back or 'ice' an already assigned ToDo with status ToDo. I created this status sequence for creation: "gray circle" into "backlog" into "ToDo". 

THE PROBLEM: issues with status backlog do not appear in the Sprint/Backlog view. They are simply invisible for all sprints (since I cleared the sprint-field) and the sprint-backlog (since it does not show issues with a status diffrent to ToDo). So:  I understand that issues with status=ToDo and an empty (!) sprint-field do appear in the overall backlog, but the status ToDo is already reserved for the "real" ToDos in the sprint after the Backlog-status in my workflow. 

THE INTENDED solution: I would like to be able to map MORE than the ToDo-status (build-in) to the backlog outside the sprints. This feature is actually available for true Kanban projects with the special "Kanban backlog" column besides of the normal backlog column. Why cant I have such an elegant way in agile Scrum projects?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. 

Andreas (Germany)

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Brey February 27, 2019

From my understanding a workaround would be to create a new ToDo-status like To-Do and to reserve the original ToDo status just for the backlog operations...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events