It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Mapping Workflow status to Scrum Backlog in order to 'ice' issues Edited

This is my first community question. 

Actually i created a workflow that refers to an Agile Scrum Board. I included some transistions in order to push back or 'ice' an already assigned ToDo with status ToDo. I created this status sequence for creation: "gray circle" into "backlog" into "ToDo". 

THE PROBLEM: issues with status backlog do not appear in the Sprint/Backlog view. They are simply invisible for all sprints (since I cleared the sprint-field) and the sprint-backlog (since it does not show issues with a status diffrent to ToDo). So:  I understand that issues with status=ToDo and an empty (!) sprint-field do appear in the overall backlog, but the status ToDo is already reserved for the "real" ToDos in the sprint after the Backlog-status in my workflow. 

THE INTENDED solution: I would like to be able to map MORE than the ToDo-status (build-in) to the backlog outside the sprints. This feature is actually available for true Kanban projects with the special "Kanban backlog" column besides of the normal backlog column. Why cant I have such an elegant way in agile Scrum projects?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. 

Andreas (Germany)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

From my understanding a workaround would be to create a new ToDo-status like To-Do and to reserve the original ToDo status just for the backlog operations...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,303 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you