Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban: Rank Done column, last resolved on top

Sven Nebel September 15, 2015

Hi,

I'd like to rank the Done column of a kanban board and see the last resolved issue on the top, by default is last resolved on the bottom.

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2015

Hi Sven,

You can configure your board filter to order issues by rank and resolution date ascending, as per below:

ORDER BY resolutiondate, Rank ASC

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Beatrix Vad September 11, 2018

@Arthur Gonçalves

Unfortunately the proposed solution does not work for Kanban Boards that use ranking anymore. When editing the filter as suggested the following error is shown and the ranking is disabled:

Ranking is disabled, as the Filter Query for this board is not ordered by ascending Rank. Please check your filter configuration.

Like # people like this
Susanna Brown January 10, 2019

@Beatrix Vad

Is there a solution for this? I don't use ranking particularly and am just trying to use a simple ORDER BY resolutiondate DESC, but it's not working. Do I need to hide the rank field in some way in order to make this work?

Like # people like this
Katie Reiter February 28, 2019

@Arthur Gonçalves  I am also looking to a solution for the problem @Beatrix Vad mentioned. Is there a solution for this? 

Like # people like this
Christian Holmboe August 7, 2019

+1

Like # people like this
Dominik_Fischer August 7, 2019

+1

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 10, 2020

+1

Like # people like this
lylepalagar May 14, 2020

+1

Sebastian Beresniewicz July 16, 2020

+1

Markus_COGNITIFF October 4, 2020

Jira internally relies on the rank field for drag-and-drop. The relative positions of issues are stored in this field. So if you change the order-by clause in the filter query to anything other than Rank, D&D stops working. Unfortunately, there is no way around that in Jira out of the box. 

A possible solution is to use a plugin that works with the rank field. Our company (COGNITIFF) developed a plugin to address precisely this problem - Sort by any Field. The plugin will update the rank based on a rule that you define. You can take a look if that solves your problem. 

0 votes
Deleted user July 1, 2021

+1

0 votes
Deleted user January 23, 2020

I would also like to find solution for this. When I sort by resolution date, done column get's sorted but I cannot reorder To Do column. 

Raphaël Van den Eede March 23, 2021

+1

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events