• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Sprint Report/Burndown Chart showing zero story points, not reflect the correct story points Edited

Hi,

Now is my Sprint 4, and i have a uncommon issue for Jira Sprint report / Burndown Chart, where the story points only showing zero points ( a zero value with horizontal line) regardless how you change the estimation of story point value. 

Any ideas what could be wrong? and anyone face this issue before? 

Note:

1. The board configuration already configured by using story points and select as none for the time tracking option. 
  2. Previous sprints was walking fine and all the burndown chart looks fine.

Thank you

Regards,

Kiwi

Estimation_StoryPoints.JPGSprintReport.JPGBurndownChart.JPG

3 answers

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro , Thank you for the reply. I saw this article and did checked it. However, it didn't help.

The problem i have is all the while it is working fine, and there is not changes made on the board for the last 3 Sprints, just on the recent Sprint 4 when i started it, it become like that. Thus, there is no clue. 

i have an issue ---  some stories  ( or items) that actually has a story point value is showign up as - in burndown report. seen few instances.. most of the items show correctly but few does not... say 1 or 2 items per sprint .. Any idea why?.. What additional details are needed to support this?

I have a very similar issue I can add Story Points to a Story and my Burn Down doesn't pick up the points at all it is a constant flat line of zero. I am using the Classic Cloud Version. And yes I have checked ALL the Story Point settings.

Hi Charlie, can you attach a screenshot? Thanks

Hi Charlie, I'm speculating here but I wonder if there is a custom field for story points that's being populated instead of the "regular" story points field. Is there a table underneath the chart with the details on the stories that belong to the sprint? This table normally includes story points and remaining points.

I have resolved this issue the default field configuration had a second story point field which was free text. I have hidden this and set the default as the numeric in all Jira issue types.

Burn down chart now reflects correctly.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue, I may now be able to help.

Hi @Charlie_Vinall , @Carlos Garcia Navarro 

I have exactly the same problem, and I don't understand the configuration done to resolve it. Could you please explain more the solution or attach a screenshot ?

Thanks

Ikram

Hi @Ikram Hannachi

it seems that the problem was related to having more than one field for story points. Can you check if the list of fields linked to your issue includes more than one "story points' field? Charlie had a "free text" one that was being populated instead of the numeric one. Once he started populated the numeric field, the data started showing in the report (I'll let him confirm, though.)

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Hi @Ikram Hannachiis is working for you now? did my previous answer help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

On-demand: Fireside chat with Atlassian on scaling agile organizations

Scaling an agile organization and setting it up for success over the long term is a hard thing to do. We hear a common set of questions from customers all the time, questions like: Can agile scal...

3,927 views 2 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you