Jira Sprint Report/Burndown Chart showing zero story points, not reflect the correct story points

Deleted user May 1, 2019

Hi,

Now is my Sprint 4, and i have a uncommon issue for Jira Sprint report / Burndown Chart, where the story points only showing zero points ( a zero value with horizontal line) regardless how you change the estimation of story point value. 

Any ideas what could be wrong? and anyone face this issue before? 

Note:

1. The board configuration already configured by using story points and select as none for the time tracking option. 
  2. Previous sprints was walking fine and all the burndown chart looks fine.

Thank you

Regards,

Kiwi

Estimation_StoryPoints.JPGSprintReport.JPGBurndownChart.JPG

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Charlie_Vinall November 24, 2019

I have resolved this issue the default field configuration had a second story point field which was free text. I have hidden this and set the default as the numeric in all Jira issue types.

Burn down chart now reflects correctly.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue, I may now be able to help.

Ikram Hannachi January 9, 2020

Hi @Charlie_Vinall , @Carlos Garcia Navarro 

I have exactly the same problem, and I don't understand the configuration done to resolve it. Could you please explain more the solution or attach a screenshot ?

Thanks

Ikram

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

Hi @Ikram Hannachi

it seems that the problem was related to having more than one field for story points. Can you check if the list of fields linked to your issue includes more than one "story points' field? Charlie had a "free text" one that was being populated instead of the numeric one. Once he started populated the numeric field, the data started showing in the report (I'll let him confirm, though.)

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Ikram Hannachiis is working for you now? did my previous answer help?

0 votes
Charlie_Vinall November 12, 2019

Burndown.PNG

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2019
Deleted user May 2, 2019

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro , Thank you for the reply. I saw this article and did checked it. However, it didn't help.

The problem i have is all the while it is working fine, and there is not changes made on the board for the last 3 Sprints, just on the recent Sprint 4 when i started it, it become like that. Thus, there is no clue. 

VR July 24, 2019

i have an issue ---  some stories  ( or items) that actually has a story point value is showign up as - in burndown report. seen few instances.. most of the items show correctly but few does not... say 1 or 2 items per sprint .. Any idea why?.. What additional details are needed to support this?

Charlie_Vinall November 12, 2019

I have a very similar issue I can add Story Points to a Story and my Burn Down doesn't pick up the points at all it is a constant flat line of zero. I am using the Classic Cloud Version. And yes I have checked ALL the Story Point settings.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2019

Hi Charlie, can you attach a screenshot? Thanks

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2019

Hi Charlie, I'm speculating here but I wonder if there is a custom field for story points that's being populated instead of the "regular" story points field. Is there a table underneath the chart with the details on the stories that belong to the sprint? This table normally includes story points and remaining points.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events