Is it possible to manage users access by incidents (instead of by product)?

Andrea Azar December 10, 2020

I would like to keep 1 project that represents my whole company but would like to assign incidents to a person and need that person to have access ONLY to that incident (and not the whole project). Thank you!

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hi Andrea,

I understand your question in a way you want to have a centralized project like "INCIDENT" but this should be quite restricted so that just (maybe) the reporter, the assignee and probably a bunch of watchers can see an specific incident (like INCIDENT-4711 only visible to the audience really dealing with it).

Yes, this is possible. Just make sure you be very specific to "Browse Permission" (for example just giving it to Assignee and Reporter).

Please find more information about it here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

The most important permission to consider to make this requirement work is "Browse Permission".

In case this was not understood right at all we're happy to dig deeper - just let us know.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Tom Kakanowski December 10, 2020

Thinking about this; by access, do you mean restricting view, edit or both? And from what perspective, a Scrum board, a Kanban board, a screen scheme such as a view, create or edit scheme?

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

Hello @Andrea Azar Welcome,

I hope my answer helps you.
Jira software uses Scrum and Kanban to a significant extent to visualize your product issues/incidents flow.

Now, your question triggers my understanding towards Projects and Products and how they are seen by Jira and its Data Model

here is a good thread which can help in clarifying your question (it is quite old and dates back to 2015, but it touches the basics)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Project-and-or-Product/qaq-p/220#:~:text=Products%20have%20backlogs%2C%20version%20history,part%20of%20any%20given%20project.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events