Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to manage users access by incidents (instead of by product)?

I would like to keep 1 project that represents my whole company but would like to assign incidents to a person and need that person to have access ONLY to that incident (and not the whole project). Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Dec 12, 2020

Hi Andrea,

I understand your question in a way you want to have a centralized project like "INCIDENT" but this should be quite restricted so that just (maybe) the reporter, the assignee and probably a bunch of watchers can see an specific incident (like INCIDENT-4711 only visible to the audience really dealing with it).

Yes, this is possible. Just make sure you be very specific to "Browse Permission" (for example just giving it to Assignee and Reporter).

Please find more information about it here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

The most important permission to consider to make this requirement work is "Browse Permission".

In case this was not understood right at all we're happy to dig deeper - just let us know.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thinking about this; by access, do you mean restricting view, edit or both? And from what perspective, a Scrum board, a Kanban board, a screen scheme such as a view, create or edit scheme?

0 votes
Sudarshan Community Leader Dec 10, 2020

Hello @Andrea Azar Welcome,

I hope my answer helps you.
Jira software uses Scrum and Kanban to a significant extent to visualize your product issues/incidents flow.

Now, your question triggers my understanding towards Projects and Products and how they are seen by Jira and its Data Model

here is a good thread which can help in clarifying your question (it is quite old and dates back to 2015, but it touches the basics)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Project-and-or-Product/qaq-p/220#:~:text=Products%20have%20backlogs%2C%20version%20history,part%20of%20any%20given%20project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

Master the art of thinking big, working small: A conversation with John Cutler

Hello all! It has been 20 years since the agile manifesto was introduced, and closer to 40 years since software development began moving away from a waterfall-type approach. While many teams have ...

1,448 views 11 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you