It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

If I use two boards in the same project, can I filter the Burndown chart by board too?

I am using two boards in a single JIRA project according to this, and used different filters for each board. Is it possible to filter 'Burndown chart' by same filters as well?

For example, Board 1 is filtered for Assignee A, and Board 2 is filtered for Assignee B. And when I go to Burndown chart report, I want to see the report for Assignee A only if I choose Board 1.

1 answer

Hi @Thiri_Aung 

The Burndown Chart is board specific rather than project specific. Therefore the report would in Board A will only be for Assignee A. 

Hello, thank you for your comment. The problem I have right now is although I have two boards, the Burndown chart is showing the same data no matter which board I chose. That means, when I chose Board 1, I can see both A and B's tasks. How should I fix this problem? Thanks.

@Thiri_Aung 

In this case, I would ask you to first open any issue that is showing up on both boards. Check the values in the *Sprint Field*. Does this with Assignee A attached to a sprint from Board B? If so, this could be the reason why you are seeing this issue in both reports. 

If this is not the case, then you would need to do a lock reindex in Jira as this may just be an issue with corrupted indexes. 

Hello, thanks for your reply. Both board 1 and 2 are for the same Sprint. But Assignee A and B are assigned on different boards. 

Does that mean, if it's for the same Sprint, we can't see the difference in the burndown chart no matter which board we selected?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

The psychology of agile teams: what we learned

Last week Megan Cook, Head of Jira Software and Mahreen Khan, PhD, Organizational Psychology hosted an “ask me anything” session focused on the psychology of agile teams. We received 22 questions, 16...

83 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you