Huge kanban release (650 tasks) fails

Hi!

We are switching from scrum to kanban.

Now, unfortunately, all tasks we have finished before, show up as unreleased in the kanban board.

Just clicking "Release..." fails with a timeout.

Is there anything we can do to pack those tasks away from the kanban board and mark them as released?

3 answers

What version of JIRA are you using, what version of Agile are you using? What kind of time out? can you attach the timeout error? If it is fronted by a webserver, the timeout could be there. 

Sorry for the delay, we got it solved using the issue navigator.

Hi Volker, how were you able to solve this using the issue navigator? I'm having the same issue.

Please help, same issue

I am experiencing the same issue, how were you able to use the issue navigator to resolve the time out release in kanban?

I'm having the same issue. Is there a solution or work-around?

Please update on how you were able to solve this. We are having the same issue.

Hi, I am also having this issue. We get a timeout error when I try to release the 600 tickets in the "done" column in our Kanban. I changed the version number after the popup said the version I wanted to use already existed, but the column did not update to make the "done" tickets go away on the board. We are using JIRA cloud and its version 6.5-OD-03-002.

I'm guessing I'm probably not doing something right so any help would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.38.54 AM.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 12, 2018 in Agile

How Davin Studer gets Confluence to do everything he wants it to do...except dishes

@Davin Studer holds many interests, including but not limited to health tech and Star Trek. Read on to discover more about Davin, from his favorite Confluence macros to his favorite lit...

291 views 3 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you