How to set Issues Hierarchy like Feature, Epic and User stories?

kalyan.Muthavarapu December 11, 2019

Hi,

For my project I am trying to set the below Hierarchy for Issues:

1. Feature - A feature can have multiple EPICS. This is the highest level for issues.

2. EPIC - An Epic can have multiple User stories and is linked to a Feature.

3. User story - Is liked to an Epic. 

I read a lot of portfolio setting etc. in Jira community postings but cannot actually see portfolio in my Jira. Where can I find it and how can I achieve the above Hierarchy?

Kindly advise.

I am OK to have EPIC as high level with multiple Feature under each Epic and then Multiple User stories under each Epic. But when I tried to do this, Jira displays all Features and User stories under Epic.

Can you please help.

Thank you,

Kal.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Portfolio is an Atlassian App you need to get added to your Jira before you can make use of it.  Once you have it installed and licenced, you'll find it offers features, themes and initiatives by default

0 votes
kalyan.Muthavarapu December 11, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your reply.

So the one I can see Atlassian Marketplace is  "Portfolio for Jira"  - Is this the correct app?

Kindly advise.

if not would it be possible to send me the exact app link please?

Thank you,

Kal.

Deleted user December 19, 2019

The link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212136/portfolio-for-jira

It's a brilliant tool for planning the work on different levels.( team/Project/Porfolio etc)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events