Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search issues in an open Sprint with a specific name tag

Morten Christophersen December 19, 2017

Hi 

I have a project with multiple sprints running. I want to be able to search out the issue in a particular open sprint. Each of the team use their team name in the sprint name: TEAM1_2017W47, TEAM2_2017W47. Now I want to search for all issues in the current open sprint for TEAM1:

sprint in ("TEAM1") and sprint in openSprints()

But this fails since we have some issue which was incomplete in a previous in another TEAM1, but now is in an open sprint in TEAM2.

I need a way to only search open sprints with a specific name tag. i.e. something like:

sprint in openSprints("TEAM1")

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alexander Pöhl October 2, 2018

Hi,

is there any solution for that or did you find any workaround?

I have the exact same situation and really wondering why this is not supported.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

chris kogut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2019

Try this:

project = "MYPROJECT " AND Sprint in openSprints() and labels= TEAM1

Note, that you'll need to label each story first

Morten Christophersen January 30, 2019

I did not look more into it. I ended up making my own script using the rest interface. Regarding putting labels on everything, I do not want to introduce such manual processes...

Akiva Bloch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

@Morten Christophersen could you please describe what API did you use to get the active sprint?

Morten Christophersen March 4, 2019

Hi, I use the "sprint in openSprint" from scriptrunner plugin, and then the rest interface with some python code around it. 

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2017

Hey Morten,

You should be able to use "sprint = [sprint name]" to search for a specific open Sprint.

Not sure if that meets all your needs or not.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Morten Christophersen January 2, 2018

Hi

Thanks for your answer:-)

Unfortunately, it is not really helping me, since I do not want to put in the entire sprint name but only a the part of it that Identifies the team (to get a generic search for a metric, that will work for each open sprint without having to update the search expression)

The current sprint name would be TEAM1_2018W01.

Example: I have an issue which has the following data in the sprint field:

TEAM1_2017W45, TEAM1_2017W47, TEAM2_2017W49

(closed sprint)     ,(closed sprint)      ,(Open sprint)

Now I want to make a search that gives me all issues in the open sprint for TEAM1(as a generic search expression so that is also works in the next sprint):

sprint in ("TEAM1") and sprint in openSprints()

But this fails since the issue descried above also fulfills this expression.

I would need something like:

sprint in openSprints('sprint in ("TEAM1")')

which unfortunately is not supported.

Like Yuto Sasaki likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events