It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to obtain an Epic Burndown with Epics belonging to different Projects?

Hi,

I have tried to create an Epic "E" in project "A".

Then, I have created 2 issues in the project A belonging to the Epic E.

Finally, I have created an issue in the project "B" belonging to the Epic E.

However, in the Epic Burndown, I only see the issues belonging to the project A and not the one linked to project B.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Daniele 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus Community Leader Nov 15, 2018

Hi @Daniele Mannelli,

I played with this a bit in my test system, but I didn't have the full set up of issues to get accurate results and I ran out of time for setting it up. So...here's what I was trying, perhaps you can give it a shot and let me know if it works...

• In the left nave, select "Issues and Filters"
  • Click "Search Issues" and create a new filter in the Advanced line starting with "project in (PROJECT_A, PROJECT_B)" and save it. (I suggest starting with that by itself before tying to limit the results...this will get every issue from both projects.
  • Go to "Dashboards" from the left nav and select "View All Dashboards."
  • Go into one of your two projects, and create a new board, and use a Scrum board.
  • When prompted, select "Create from existing filter"
  • Give the board a name, select your new filter with both projects, and pick a place for it to live. (I put mine in my personal space so I don;t get it confused with other projects)
  • Once done, go into the space where the new board lives and open it.
    • Boards1.JPG
  • Click "Reports" from the left nav and select "Epic Burndown."

If I'm right this will use all the issues in your saved filter from both projects and create a burndown for your Epic A and Epic B. Once you verify it you can create other filters and boards to generate other types of reports, parse data from multiple projects, etc. 

It's a bit clunky, but should get you started without having to write extensive scripts or use add-ons. 

-Scott

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Learn how Arizona State University is bringing agility to higher education

Hello Atlassian Community members! My name is Keri, and I work on Atlassian's Cloud Platform Product Marketing team. I wanted to bring your attention to a case study we recently did with the IT dep...

155 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you