Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display parent issues of each task in Sprint

Omnimbus January 30, 2019

Hello :) I need some help to  figure out, how to get a list of all parent issues for the tasks, assigned to the current Sprint (or each particular sprint).

Example:

• I've got issues A, B, C (type =Story) . 
  • Issue A is a child of issue D; B- child of E; C- child of F.
  • Issues A,B,C are in current Sprint S.

I need to get all parents of an issues in sprint S, e.g. list of issues D,E,F.

Unfortunately, there are no special plugins for that and I can't install any :(

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

Hi Natalya,

Your use case seems to match what our app Structure for Jira is often used for. You can use  Automation to Insert issues from specific sprint (using JQL sprint="sprintName") then Group by linked issues (or, if D,E,F are epics, group by epics), resulting in a hierarchy of Parent>Child. You can even insert issues from different sprints, then group them by parent and by sprint, resulting in a hierarchy Sprint>Parent>Child. 

If you are interested in such approach, you can look at our sandbox environment and check our quick-start guide. You can send any specific questions to support@almworks.com

Regards,

Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Omnimbus January 31, 2019

Thank You :) yet, there is no way to install such app in that case.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2019

Hi Natalya,

You can try this in script runner:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("issueFunction in parentsOf('sprint in openSprints () ')" )

Omnimbus January 31, 2019

Thanks for an idea ^^ But this script shows as the result child issues of an initial "Issues A, B, C (type =Story)" , while I need Parent issues. But I'll try to use another variations of this script with other functions, to get what's required :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events