It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to clear completed tasks in Kanban?

Hello,

I would like to use Kanban for project management, but not software development. Once tasks are completed they gather up in the last Done column. The number grows rapidly. What is the best practise to "archive" these tasks, so they are no longer visible on the board but still searchable.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Piotr.

you could release them and add a version to your release by pressing "Release" at the top of your "Done" column.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=268046489

I was looking for something more suitable for tasks, since these projects do not rally have releases / versions, but I guess, why not.

yeah you're right. in our kanban project we also don't use versions so i decided to use calendar weeks instead.

i run release every friday

This sounds more like a workaround - is there a real solution for this these days?

Like # people like this
(status != Done OR (status = Done AND resolutiondate > -5d))

Perfect. This is exaclty what was needed.

Like Thomas Vu likes this

works for me too. thanks.

Works for me! Thanks 

Like Tiago Ferreira likes this

I edited the board query to show just the last month closed tasks (resolutiondate < -4w). So the stakeholders can check the recent closed tasks easier than if we had all the closed tasks (we are running this project for 4 years already)

sounds good. But how?

Add the "resolutiondate < -4w" to your saved filter query for the kanban board.

changing the filter in such a way removes data more than 4 weeks old from reports. doesn't it?

Like # people like this

Hi Piotr,

We are using Kanban for Project Management, and closed task are in a special Column in Kanban. They are in Unmapped Statuses Column, so they no appear in Kanban view.

Hope this helps.

Mario

Interesting, will see about it :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Webinar: Dean Leffingwell and Steve Elliot present on SAFe 5.0, come ask Dean and Steve questions!

...steemed Steve Elliot (head of product for Jira Align). Agenda: What’s new or changed in SAFe 5.0: Introduction of OKRs Essential SAFe How to achieve true business a...

259 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you