How to clear completed tasks in Kanban?

Hello,

I would like to use Kanban for project management, but not software development. Once tasks are completed they gather up in the last Done column. The number grows rapidly. What is the best practise to "archive" these tasks, so they are no longer visible on the board but still searchable.

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Piotr.

you could release them and add a version to your release by pressing "Release" at the top of your "Done" column.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=268046489

I was looking for something more suitable for tasks, since these projects do not rally have releases / versions, but I guess, why not.

yeah you're right. in our kanban project we also don't use versions so i decided to use calendar weeks instead.

i run release every friday

This sounds more like a workaround - is there a real solution for this these days?

I edited the board query to show just the last month closed tasks (resolutiondate < -4w). So the stakeholders can check the recent closed tasks easier than if we had all the closed tasks (we are running this project for 4 years already)

sounds good. But how?

Add the "resolutiondate < -4w" to your saved filter query for the kanban board.

(status != Done OR (status = Done AND resolutiondate > -5d))

Perfect. This is exaclty what was needed.

Hi Piotr,

We are using Kanban for Project Management, and closed task are in a special Column in Kanban. They are in Unmapped Statuses Column, so they no appear in Kanban view.

Hope this helps.

Mario

Interesting, will see about it :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 08, 2018 in Agile

Community Showcase: Getting to know Kemal, AUG Leader from Bosnia and Herzegovina

Cheers to Kemal Bajramovic, our first ever AUG Leader to be Showcased. AUG Leaders are passionate experts who find time in their own busy lives to host Atlassian themed events to share ...

202 views 3 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot