How is burndown guideline calculated in greenhopper?

Hi.

How is the burndown guideline calculated in greenhopper's reports?

I can't see a place for entering expected burndown hours pr day...

Thank you.

Morten.

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

the chart assumes a linear progress. Say like you are havin 7 Points/Issues for a 7 day sprint, the "guidline" will reduce by 1 Story point/Issue per day. So the two metrics are number of issues/story points (depending on your configuration) and the duration of your sprints. Adjust either of the two and your chart will look different.

Hope that helps? Cheers, David

You do need to make sure that you've got estimates for all your tasks before starting the Sprint. I made the mistake of starting a Sprint before everything was estimated, and couldn't work out why the guideline was invisible. Of course, it was going from 0 to 0!

true. though, you could also base the estimation on the number of issues (must be configured in Board configuration).

To those still interested: it's possible to modify the non-working days in the Burndown Chart, as of Greenhopper 6.1.1.

Another issue to watch out for is the burndown will NOT remove weekends and Holidays even if you tell it not to account for them....this totally throws off the burndown line. Unless you work 7 days a week 365 days a year then you're okay ;-)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 14, 2018 in Agile

Marketplace Technical Collection Pages

You might have noticed something new on Marketplace in the last several months which was the addition of our new collection pages. We heard feedback that it can be hard to browse apps in Marketplace ...

55 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you