Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i can properly configure the project roles in Jira?

Pavel Ryzhykau March 15, 2019

Where and how in Jira i can configure roles on the project? How many roles we should have or how i can define amount?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hi @Pavel Ryzhykau - Welcome to Community and congratulation on writing your first post! :)

How to configure project roles? It a little bit depends on the platform (Cloud/Server) but you can check the documentation for that

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0713/managing-project-roles-964983442.html

How many roles is required? Well it also depends :) .. Basically I think you need to have two to start working on a project

• Administrators (people who administer project)
  • Users (people who log issues on project)

If you do software development you might also want to add a role Developers..

And moving forward .. Testers, Reviewers, Managers.. actually it depends on your configuration. I like to also have a role called Read Only and give people only read only access to the project to view tickets.

I suggest to add them on the go as you need them. No need to add all at once just to have them :)

Pavel Ryzhykau March 15, 2019

Thanks for congratulation and quick answer but i still have a question. when i creating Roles how i can give them some rights?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

You do it by adding those roles to Permission scheme for example

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Like Pavel Ryzhykau likes this
Pavel Ryzhykau March 19, 2019

Thanks a lot!!!

Like Mirek likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events