It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I populate a custom field with the JIRA Sprint Field Values? Edited

Every issue in JIRA has a default Sprint field. It is very straightforward. However, with bugs I need one more field - Found in Sprint. Values for this field are the same as that of default Spring field.

Sprint field represents the sprint in which issue is being addressed. However Found in Spring field is used to report in which spring this bug was found.

However, I am not able to create a custom field that contains values of all the sprints. Is there any way I can do this?

1 answer

0 votes

You'll need code to do that.

It's not that common to record "found in sprint", as people generally don't care what the sprint was, the date (and version often) determine when fixes for it go into the next sprint.

Hello Nic,

Please help me in how to get the data from the system field Sprint to a custom field.

Thank you

Varun

For the "set", see https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/postfunctions/set-issue-attributes.html

For a get, I've got this saved 

def sprints = issue.getCustomFieldValue(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Sprint"))

Note that I use "sprints" because an issue could be, or have been in, many sprints.

Hello Nic,

I dont think it will work for me,

I want a custom field and I want to fetch all the data in the system field SPRINT,

So that I can select a sprint from that custom field for tracking...

Thanks in advance..

Varun 

You asked to get the value into a field.

Do you mean you want another sprint field?   That would be a bad idea for your users, and you'd rapidly run into problems with volume unless your code was able to dynamically select during issue create/edit

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_,

I am having the same situation:

Our customer wants a custom field for bugs that basically says "Found in Sprint". It is supposed to be something like a drop down menu where the possible options listed are all of the (passed) sprints. Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks in advance!
Sima

Hi @Harshal ,
Hi @varunbitbucket ,

I am having the same situation with my customer. They too want a "second sprint field" for bugs called "Found in Sprint". What was the solution you implemented for this need?

Thanks in advance.

Sima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,177 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you