How can you remove issues from a sprint in bulk?

Woody Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

You can remove issues from an active sprint by changing the sprint field to empty. You do this by leaving it blank but checking the update box.

You'll see this message on your confirmation page:

6 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Woody Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Answered above

2 votes
Rahul Savaikar November 4, 2014

Hello Mark,

You will need to create a filter and exclude the Sub-tasks, and then try changing the Sprint.

It worked for me, as the Sub-tasks will anyways inherit the Sprint name from the parent tasks - safe and sound.

Regards,

Rahul

2 votes
Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to let you do this any more. I really need to be able to edit the closed sprints associated with a number of issues that have moved between teams/boards as this has caused the velocity charts to break.

0 votes
Claudia Oakley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2022

It is Aug 2022 and this is still working! Yay! 

0 votes
Tomasz Myckow October 26, 2016

Leaving the field blank not only removed the current sprint but all sprints that were in that field.  Meaning if you had tickets that rolled from sprint to sprint it would delete the previous sprints as well. 

For me, this made a large difference it what I actually wanted to update.

Deleted user March 29, 2018

Experienced this as well.  Not an ideal default functionality for Bulk change.

Like Joel Young likes this
Itay Keller November 10, 2018

Same here....
We also have strange behavior, when "done" issues are rolling from closed sprint to the new sprint...
At the moment, seems like we will need to manually remove the new sprint from them

Like Christophe likes this
haleyeberly September 12, 2019

I"m experiencing the same issue above where closed/deployed issues are inheriting sprints even after being in DONE status. This is causing my velocity charts to break. Was anyone able to figure this out? 

Like Aneesh Joshi likes this
Keilah Smith October 29, 2019

Did you ever find a resolution for this issue @haleyeberly ? I have the same problem. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2014

Thanks Rahul - that's really helpful.  I'll give that a try next time I need to do this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events