It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can you remove issues from a sprint in bulk?

You can remove issues from an active sprint by changing the sprint field to empty. You do this by leaving it blank but checking the update box.

You'll see this message on your confirmation page:

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Answered above

Hello Mark,

You will need to create a filter and exclude the Sub-tasks, and then try changing the Sprint.

It worked for me, as the Sub-tasks will anyways inherit the Sprint name from the parent tasks - safe and sound.

Regards,

Rahul

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to let you do this any more. I really need to be able to edit the closed sprints associated with a number of issues that have moved between teams/boards as this has caused the velocity charts to break.

Thanks Rahul - that's really helpful.  I'll give that a try next time I need to do this.

Leaving the field blank not only removed the current sprint but all sprints that were in that field.  Meaning if you had tickets that rolled from sprint to sprint it would delete the previous sprints as well. 

For me, this made a large difference it what I actually wanted to update.

Experienced this as well.  Not an ideal default functionality for Bulk change.

Same here....
We also have strange behavior, when "done" issues are rolling from closed sprint to the new sprint...
At the moment, seems like we will need to manually remove the new sprint from them

Like Christophe likes this

I"m experiencing the same issue above where closed/deployed issues are inheriting sprints even after being in DONE status. This is causing my velocity charts to break. Was anyone able to figure this out? 

Like Aneesh Joshi likes this

Did you ever find a resolution for this issue @haleyeberly ? I have the same problem. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Agile

Overview of Advanced Roadmaps UI + Get started with Automation for Jira - Demo Den September 2020

Deliver better and faster value to your customers with the Jira automation platform. Watch this Demo Den series below to learn how to use the new interface and set up automation rules to help your te...

1,177 views 3 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you