How can you remove issues from a sprint in bulk?

You can remove issues from an active sprint by changing the sprint field to empty. You do this by leaving it blank but checking the update box.

You'll see this message on your confirmation page:

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Answered above

Hello Mark,

You will need to create a filter and exclude the Sub-tasks, and then try changing the Sprint.

It worked for me, as the Sub-tasks will anyways inherit the Sprint name from the parent tasks - safe and sound.

Regards,

Rahul

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to let you do this any more. I really need to be able to edit the closed sprints associated with a number of issues that have moved between teams/boards as this has caused the velocity charts to break.

Thanks Rahul - that's really helpful.  I'll give that a try next time I need to do this.

Leaving the field blank not only removed the current sprint but all sprints that were in that field.  Meaning if you had tickets that rolled from sprint to sprint it would delete the previous sprints as well. 

For me, this made a large difference it what I actually wanted to update.

Experienced this as well.  Not an ideal default functionality for Bulk change.

Same here....
We also have strange behavior, when "done" issues are rolling from closed sprint to the new sprint...
At the moment, seems like we will need to manually remove the new sprint from them

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Agile

Marketplace Spotlight: Deviniti

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's S...

180 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you