How can I view issues in versions in planning for issues in sprints that are closed

We use versions as placeholders for releases (but we do not use bonfire). We seek to "fill up" versions during multiple sprints, and then run a version that is deemed ready for release trough QA to prod. When reviewing versions and making sure versions have the right content, it would be very helpful to view versions in the Planning board until they have been released.

As far as I can understand, the planning board filters issues that are in sprints that are closed, but it would be more useful to me to filter away issues in versions that have been released? Is this possible?

Is a possible workaround to transition resolution differently, and make the final transition as part of the "release version" process?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Nguyen Atlassian Team Feb 18, 2014

Hi,

As far as I can see, a version should only be released when all scheduled tasks/issues have been completed/fixed, which also means that they will be excluded from the Scrum board.

Did you mean that you still have some tasks/issues in released versions which haven't been completed/fixed yet? If so, why do you want to exclude/stop working on them?

Anyway, if you don't want to show issues in released versions, you may create a Quick Filter with this JQL:

• fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() or fixVersion is EMPTY

When you select this Quick Filter in Plan mode, issues in released versions will be hidden. However, please take note that if an issue has multiple fixVersions with at least 1 unreleased, it will still be displayed (even though the other fixVersions have all been released).

Regards,

Andy

Hi, it took me some time to realize there was an answer ;)

I think I have been unclear. What I wish, is to view the issues in a version by clicking on the version in the planning mode of the scrumboard.

Currently, I can only see issues that are in the backlog or in the current sprint this way, not issues in sprints that are closed. See screenshot (you cannot see it, but the list is filtered by the "Tviller 1.1" version).

However, that version also includes issues from earlier sprints that are closed, and these would be useful to see in this view as well.

When all issues in the version are done, and the last sprint is closed, this list will be empty, and I have to go to the "Report" mode to see the whole version. This, of course, is one solution (hack?) to my problem, but in getting the whole team to work effectively with the Srumboard, I'd prefer to have it "my way" (as well).

Annother thing I just realized. The board allready acts _as if_ I had implemented the quick filter you describe above. What I want is to have the board behave as if I did _not_ have that particular filter.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 08, 2018 in Agile

Community Showcase: Getting to know Kemal, AUG Leader from Bosnia and Herzegovina

Cheers to Kemal Bajramovic, our first ever AUG Leader to be Showcased. AUG Leaders are passionate experts who find time in their own busy lives to host Atlassian themed events to share ...

202 views 3 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot