Combining stories

Hak March 21, 2020

Hi folks,

I am new to Agile and I have a question about merging stories together.

I have currently 2 user stories: one for the selection of an object, one for the rotation of an object. 

- as a user I want to select an object so that I can have interactions with it.

- as a user I want to rotate an object so that I can view it from different angles.

When I create 2 seperate branches and finish each of the story. At the end I have two independent stories but they have to work together. I may only rotate the object whenever I select the object. How can I achieve this if there are two seperate branches?

Thanks and hope you have a nice day.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Deleted user March 26, 2020

@Hak : Taking a step back and looking at the why's of creating 2 stories, this is how I can put it.

Generally multiple smaller stories/ tasks are created so that when people can PULL them when they are available.

(this would still be applicable in your case of viewing object and rotating object)

Though there will be overhead of branch maintenance while merging the Pull requests, this helps in dividing the things into small chunks and working through them. When it comes to testing, first action for a user would be, to select an object and then play with it, either rotation or moving or anything else that would be needed and accordingly bugs will be raised against them. In some cases, bugs had to be raised at a higher level when there is tight coupling within the stories, that's where another hierarchy of Epics are provided. 

Hope this helps.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events